Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Application memory

Hi,

I have had my MacBook Pro for four months over the last couple of weeks I have repeatedly been getting the 'Your system has run out of application memory' message.

I only have Safari and Finder open, screenshot to show this.

Any help on how to rectify this would be appreciated.

Screenshot of my 'about this Mac' in case that helps :)

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 1:34 PM

Hey there.

Please visit https://etrecheck.com and download the app. It is free and safe to use. The creator is a respected user of this forum and has helped many people with technical problems. Once it downloads, open it and run a scan." The scan will finish and generate a report. Copy the report by pressing command + c. Then, visit this website again, and click reply on the post you're reading right now. At the bottom of the text box, there is a button that looks like a piece of paper. Click it, paste the report, and then click add text and post when you're done.

Reply as soon as possible so we can figure out what's wrong with your Mac. Don't try to fix anything yourself just yet.

Thanks,

Sea116

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2021 1:34 PM in response to Alisonbonbalison

Hey there.

Please visit https://etrecheck.com and download the app. It is free and safe to use. The creator is a respected user of this forum and has helped many people with technical problems. Once it downloads, open it and run a scan." The scan will finish and generate a report. Copy the report by pressing command + c. Then, visit this website again, and click reply on the post you're reading right now. At the bottom of the text box, there is a button that looks like a piece of paper. Click it, paste the report, and then click add text and post when you're done.

Reply as soon as possible so we can figure out what's wrong with your Mac. Don't try to fix anything yourself just yet.

Thanks,

Sea116

Apr 7, 2021 2:45 PM in response to Alisonbonbalison

Thank you for posting the report.

I suspect you have an app called Silhouette Studio (or something with Silhouette in its name). It is using a ridiculous amount of memory. Quit the app by opening it and pressing command+q, then restart your mac. Only have the app running when you need to use it, because it clearly has an issue with hogging memory. That should solve the problem :)

Application memory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.