Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Audio Plugin

Hey Everyone,

I have found a plugin named Device Name (Photo Attached) in my audio settings and I want to remove it. but I have tried to find the plugin files but I was not able to find it. Does anyone know how to delete that plugin. I have attached the screenshot of my audio settings.

Thanks in advance,

AaronV

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 5:24 PM

Thanks for reaching out AaronVarghese,

We understand you want to remove an unknown device from your audio input options. First, try disconnecting all peripheral devices attached to your Mac, except the mouse and keyboard. Does the item still show with all devices unplugged?

If not, reconnect devices one at a time, making note of which cause "DeviceName" to reappear.

If it does continue to show, try booting your Mac in safe mode. This will temporarily disable non-essential software from loading with your Mac: Start up your Mac in safe mode

Does the same thing appear in safe mode?

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2021 5:24 PM in response to AaronVarghese

Thanks for reaching out AaronVarghese,

We understand you want to remove an unknown device from your audio input options. First, try disconnecting all peripheral devices attached to your Mac, except the mouse and keyboard. Does the item still show with all devices unplugged?

If not, reconnect devices one at a time, making note of which cause "DeviceName" to reappear.

If it does continue to show, try booting your Mac in safe mode. This will temporarily disable non-essential software from loading with your Mac: Start up your Mac in safe mode

Does the same thing appear in safe mode?

Cheers!

Remove Audio Plugin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.