Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera Ios 14 green dot and all apps closed and all apps privacy no camera allowed

When open Camera app on iphone 12 pro and using IOS 14.4.2, green dot at top. I have closed all apps and went to privacy settings and turned off access for microphone and camera for all apps. I then restarted phone. Same issue, every time open camera have green dot at top. When I open control center, it just says "Camera, recently" but shows no app.

Is this a flaw in that the green dot is open every time using camera and I have verified in Privacy, all apps have no access to microphone or Camera?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 5:00 PM

I am having this same issue. The phone will be asleep and when I tap the screen to wake it I see the green dot indicating that the camera is in use. I immediately unlock my phone and swipe down Control Center to see what has used the camera recently and it never show anything. After about 5 seconds the green dot disappears. No apps on my phone are allowed access to my camera, and typically only Phone, Messages and Mail are open in the background. This has happened only a handful of times in the last year, but it makes me nervous. I have an iPhone XS running iOS 14.4.2.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2021 5:00 PM in response to brucearthurhall

I am having this same issue. The phone will be asleep and when I tap the screen to wake it I see the green dot indicating that the camera is in use. I immediately unlock my phone and swipe down Control Center to see what has used the camera recently and it never show anything. After about 5 seconds the green dot disappears. No apps on my phone are allowed access to my camera, and typically only Phone, Messages and Mail are open in the background. This has happened only a handful of times in the last year, but it makes me nervous. I have an iPhone XS running iOS 14.4.2.

Apr 9, 2021 8:00 AM in response to brucearthurhall

Hello brucearthurall,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. If we understand your question clearly, you were trying to disable Camera functions due to the green indicator for the Camera app. Is that correct?

You won't be able to disable the privacy settings for camera to be used with the actual Camera app itself. The reason you are seeing "Camera, recently" is because that specific app was open and it's main function is using the camera. You will always see the green dot indicator that the camera is in use for the Camera app.

Here's more about the indicators:

About the orange and green indicators in your iPhone status bar

If you have further questions, let us know.

Have a good day.

Camera Ios 14 green dot and all apps closed and all apps privacy no camera allowed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.