Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to use Google Drive in iPhone Files

Google Drive app is installed on the device and I'm signed in with multiple accounts. A Google Workplace account is selected as active.

In Files app, I enabled Google Drive toggle via Edit (•••).

Google Drive option is visible:

But when I tap on the Google Drive I get this error:

The same goes for my Creative Cloud drive – I'm not able to access any files.

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 7:52 AM

urban camel,

Thanks very much for answering those questions for us.

Does restarting your device using the following steps help correct the issue temporarily, or is there no change? Restart your iPhone

Do you receive the same error message when connected to another network? Connect iPhone to the internet

Also, to help narrow this issue down further, would you mind confirming which iOS version your iPhone is running? Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Thanks!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2021 7:52 AM in response to urban camel

urban camel,

Thanks very much for answering those questions for us.

Does restarting your device using the following steps help correct the issue temporarily, or is there no change? Restart your iPhone

Do you receive the same error message when connected to another network? Connect iPhone to the internet

Also, to help narrow this issue down further, would you mind confirming which iOS version your iPhone is running? Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Thanks!

Apr 9, 2021 6:42 AM in response to urban camel

Hello urban camel,

It sounds like you're running into an error when trying to access or use third-party apps in Files, correct? We'd like to see how we can help.

"The Files app lets you add your third-party cloud services — like Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Drive, and more — so that you can access all of your files on all of your devices. The files you keep in iCloud Drive automatically appear in the Files app, but you need to set up your other cloud services to access them in the Files app too."

Just to clarify, did you add those third-party apps to Files using the exact steps outlined in the "Use third-party apps in Files" part of this page? Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you did use those steps, and you continue to run into an error, please check out the "If you need help" part of the above link as well.

Take care!

Unable to use Google Drive in iPhone Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.