Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Questions about iphone model number

I just got this iphone12 pro and I've heard that model numbers identify whether it's a new phone or refurbished but I've never seen a model number starting with 3H? The same model number was on the back of the box aswell

Could someone please clarify?

Thank you.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 8:08 AM

That indicates it was refurbished by someone other than Apple, and meets Apple's specifications for that.

(195649)

10 replies

Apr 8, 2021 8:14 AM in response to tengis64

Model numbers should start with either M, N, P or F. Are you sure you are looking at a model number, and not the serial number? They are not the same thing.

Model numbers are 8 characters long plus a forward slash. Serial numbers are 12 characters long.

The model number should have the forward slash before the last character.

MWC62AA/A for example.

At this point in time, it's highly unlikely there are any refurbished iPhone 12s around to buy. Refurbished units are sold by Apple from its own online Apple store only and currently they are not selling them there yet.

Any units provided as replacements during service would have a model number starting with an N, designating a Replacement unit rather than Refurbished.

Questions about iphone model number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.