Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Duplicate emails (Gmail) in my Mail App - help?

Hi All, I have a couple of gmail accounts which I use via my Apple Mail Client (on my MacBook Pro). For whatever reason, I find I have several duplicate folders in one of my my gmail accounts.

Consequently, I have 1000s of duplicate emails in duplicate folders. How do I remove duplicate emails (or duplicate folders) in a Gmail Account using my Apple Mail Client? I keep getting messages from Gmail saying my account is full? I've googled remove duplicate emails from my Apple Mail Client but either the instructions don't work or when I follow them they don't appear to relate to my version of Mail Client

I'm running Big Sur.

HELP?

Mark

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 10:54 AM

I’m guessing that your concern is that if you delete the duplicates in your Mail app that you might actually delete

them from Gmail.

This answer is cliche but I think could help. Delete the Gmail account from your Mail settings. Maybe reboot afterwards. That should have the effect of removing all of the mailboxes from your Mail app. Then reconfigure Gmail into your Mail app. It should then import your Gmail and Gmail folders and your duplicate problem should be gone.

Best wishes,

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2021 10:54 AM in response to Minchroadster the 2nd

I’m guessing that your concern is that if you delete the duplicates in your Mail app that you might actually delete

them from Gmail.

This answer is cliche but I think could help. Delete the Gmail account from your Mail settings. Maybe reboot afterwards. That should have the effect of removing all of the mailboxes from your Mail app. Then reconfigure Gmail into your Mail app. It should then import your Gmail and Gmail folders and your duplicate problem should be gone.

Best wishes,

Remove Duplicate emails (Gmail) in my Mail App - help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.