Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get email on my iphone

It is an iphone SE. Stopped getting email a few days ago. So far I have changed & updated email password, changed setting to Push, and shut down & restarted iphone. Still no email.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 1:26 PM

15 replies

Apr 8, 2021 5:32 PM in response to LD150

Thanks for your reply. No, not an iCloud account. This will be my first time doing this -- Apple Store guy did it zip-zip the first time. Checking to make sure I've got the steps:

1. Delete current account
  2. Go to Settings > Mail > Account > Other > Add Mail Account > NAME (xyz email) > Email (my email address)
  3. Enter password - can this be the one I just created, or does it have to be a new one?
  4. Anything I'm missing here?

I just realized how easy it is to check/edit/delete emails throughout the day without going to the desktop!

Thanks again.

Apr 9, 2021 9:20 AM in response to LD150

No worries about the time zone. Stuck at home with time on my hands anyhow.

Have not attempted deleting & adding the email account yet. Got up today to discover that all of my contacts and all of my calendar appointments are gone. Unsure if these issues are connected to the email issue, or indications that something else is wrong. Should I proceed with deleting and adding the email account?

Apr 10, 2021 12:40 PM in response to LD150

OK. I deleted the email account. I added the email account, using the steps of the article you provided above - which I thought was very clear and helpful. I checked to make sure I had correct IMAP, host name etc. However, when I attempt to get mail, I get error message as follows: "Cannot get mail. No password provided. Go to Mail Account Settings & enter a password." I have tried this several times, using my existing email password which works on the desktop (not my Apple password)

Arrgh. What am I missing? Thanks

Can't get email on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.