Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Board and other issues

Hi!

The logic board of my almost new MacBook Pro 16 '' (around 4 months of use now) was damaged without any reason.

I contacted Apple and they give me the option to change it under warranty and I did it but they also changed the Touch Bar without previous notice. The first "repair order" was just the logic board!

I bought it in Australia and now I am in Brazil.

Since then I am feeling the laptop is not the same as before and I am facing some issues. I would like to know if they are related to this logic board problem or what could happen after they "fixed it". The issues are:

• As the image shows, I have 458GB free of 500GB. I only have basic software, a lot of free space, zero app/software initialising on starting it up. When I turn it on, it takes around 30 seconds to complete the process. For me, this is a lot! It never took so much time. Before this logic board issue, the computer turned on in like 5 seconds, super fast. Also, when turning on, the screen blinks 2-3 times every time! Even my old MBP 2014 turns on faster than this one. I really believe 30 seconds is too much as I do not have anything on this computer and this problem just started a few days ago! The problem here is not only the time but that before it did not happen !!! The issue - https://youtu.be/Ir2oIm4ryU4

• I posted here before and prior to the logic board issue, I had the same installed apps but MORE documents and still had more free space! How is that possible? Currently, the section Others is using much more space than before!

• I can't sync the apps Messages and Facetime with my iPhone anymore. It keeps saying the password is wrong but it isn't! I log in to AppleID normally, but it is impossible to sync these two apps with my iPhone.

• The laptop keeps overheating when connected with an external monitor without even using the it. Really frustrating as I rely on monitor most part of the time.

• When I bought the laptop I have access to the News app. Now, the laptop came without it and I can't download it. It is just annoying because this major logic board issue should not happen. I can't remember if there are other apps I had before and are gone. Now "basic" stuff like this bother me.

• Minor issue but annoying - when I bought it everything was in English, now it is Portuguese. I can still change the language of course, but the "native language" (I don't know the right term for this) of the system is Portuguese - Like when I set up the computer everything was in Portuguese. The calendar is in Portuguese...

I am really frustrated with this computer for the price I paid. I am not sure if I am paranoid or this sh**t is worst than before!

Is there any change Apple would replace an entire laptop or give my money back?

thanks.

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 3:09 PM

There are no replies.

Logic Board and other issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.