Related Article: Get Apple TV+

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I signed up and was successful and after watching two episodes of Defending Jacob they want me to pay 4.99 a month. I can watch other shows just not it, after I am invested in it. What’s the deal?

I signed up for my free year successfully two days ago. Now I’m two episodes into Defending Jacob and it acts like I don’t have an account and wants me to sign up. I can watch anything else though.

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 7:37 PM

The TV show Defending Jacob is part of Apple TV+, and requires an Apple TV+ subscription.

If you have that subscription, and if you are signed in to the Apple TV app on the TV, then you shouldn’t be asked to subscribe again.

Some Apple TV+ shows may have one or two free-to-watch episodes, to get a taste before you decide to subscribe.

If you still can’t access your episodes, then contact the Apple Support staff.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2021 7:37 PM in response to Pmesch

The TV show Defending Jacob is part of Apple TV+, and requires an Apple TV+ subscription.

If you have that subscription, and if you are signed in to the Apple TV app on the TV, then you shouldn’t be asked to subscribe again.

Some Apple TV+ shows may have one or two free-to-watch episodes, to get a taste before you decide to subscribe.

If you still can’t access your episodes, then contact the Apple Support staff.

I signed up and was successful and after watching two episodes of Defending Jacob they want me to pay 4.99 a month. I can watch other shows just not it, after I am invested in it. What’s the deal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.