Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NFC

How do I check if my iPhone has NFC capability. It is an iPhone 12 with software version 14.4.2.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 4:47 PM

annflancan65 wrote:

Not to savvy with this so excuse my question. I am getting a continuous glucose monitor that I will continuously wear on my arm for two weeks. I will download an app on my iPhone to transfer the data from the monitor on my arm to the app. They say it requires my phone to have NFC capability. Will that work with my phone? If not, Is there a way to make my phone NFC compatible ? Or do I just have to pass on the glucose monitor?
Thank you again.

Questions are good.

Does the documentation for the app say it's iPhone compatible?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2021 4:47 PM in response to annflancan65

annflancan65 wrote:

Not to savvy with this so excuse my question. I am getting a continuous glucose monitor that I will continuously wear on my arm for two weeks. I will download an app on my iPhone to transfer the data from the monitor on my arm to the app. They say it requires my phone to have NFC capability. Will that work with my phone? If not, Is there a way to make my phone NFC compatible ? Or do I just have to pass on the glucose monitor?
Thank you again.

Questions are good.

Does the documentation for the app say it's iPhone compatible?

Apr 8, 2021 4:59 PM in response to LACAllen

Through a dropdown menu it asked,

"What kind of smartphone do you use? (Please be specific with make and model) 

Please note that your phone MUST have NFC capability to use our app. If your phone is incompatible, you won't be able to join the program

This question is required.

• iPhone 11/11 Pro
  • iPhone 12/12 Pro
  • iPhone X/Xr
  • iPhone 8/8 Plus
  • iPhone 7/7 Plus
  • iPhone 6s/6s Plus (NO NFC capability)
  • iPhone SE 2020
  • iPhone SE older generation (NO NFC capability)
  • Google Pixel 1/2/3/4
  • Samsung Galaxy S6/S7/S8/S9/S10
  • No smartphone (NO NFC capability)
  • Other"

I chose the iPhone 12 in the menu. It then asked,

"Please confirm that your phone has NFC capability. 

(If your phone does NOT have NFC, and you do not plan to upgrade anytime soon, please email support@nutrisense.io for a refund on your order). 

This question is required."

Hence the reason that I am. I copied and pasted the bold lettering so you could see precisely how it was worded.

Apr 8, 2021 4:35 PM in response to LACAllen

Thank you again.

NFC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.