Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 11 Pro and it is but two years old or so. My battery, according to the analytics conducted by Apple support online, is “defective.” That is their statement, not mine. Apple refused to replace it. Why?!

A one year warranty from Apple is useless. No battery is going to show its defective composition within one year. My battery with my iPhone 11 Pro is only two years old, or so. Yet, it showed a 76% maximum capacity when Apple conducted it’s online analytics testing. Apple stated that the battery is defective and at first promise to replace it. Then, they said it’s “out of warranty“ and refused to do so. That is an incredibly disappointing customer service and horrible company policy, because it really means nothing when it comes down to it. Then again, what would one expect from a multinational corporation who cares more about their profits in their customers. Corporate arrogance.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 5:27 PM

7 replies

Apr 8, 2021 5:45 PM in response to Sommerville

When you bought the phone you were given the opportunity to extend the warranty to 2 years. If you did not choose to do so that isn’t Apple’s fault. Actually, the cost of a battery replacement is less than the cost would have been to extending the warranty with AppleCare+, so you are ahead of the game.

A battery is considered past its useful life when the capacity goes below 80%. And the battery will lose about 1% of capacity for every 25 full charge cycles. Batteries are consumables; they don’t last forever. That’s why Pep Boys automotive parts stores dedicated about half their floor space to replacement battery inventory.

Apr 8, 2021 5:49 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

QuickTimeKirk, I do not agree. Of course they are “consumables,“ but there are reasonable expectations that consumers have on high cost products. Do you think it’s reasonable that if after 12 months and two days your battery would not be replaced by Apple if it was defective? I think not. Battery on my iPhone 11 Pro is around two years old, or less. I have had iPhones going all the way back to the original iPhone decades ago. I have never, through all the iterations I have purchased, replaced my battery. And, to drive home the point, it was Apple themselves who after they conducted an analytics testing and check, declared my battery “defective.“ Yet, they refused to replace it. So no, it is not reasonable for me to simply “pay the $70and “ and replace it. And to further prove the point, the manager of the store where I went to have it replaced, heard this story and ended up replacing the battery for free.

I have an iPhone 11 Pro and it is but two years old or so. My battery, according to the analytics conducted by Apple support online, is “defective.” That is their statement, not mine. Apple refused to replace it. Why?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.