Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Albums

Hello, I have 2 questions in managing iCloud photos. My MacBook Air & iPhone photos are not automatically sync to iCloud, since I prefer upload in a sorted way.

1. how can I delete album from iCloud.com - I can only rename it but no way I can delete it
  2. can I directly drag organised photo albums from Mac to iCloud per album?

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 12:29 AM

The iPhone and Mac must be signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network and the applications box ( photos must be turned as on in both Set up iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support

You must not be using only web account Web-only access to iCloud - Apple Support

In iPhone set up iCloud photos Use iCloud Photos on iPhone - Apple Support

In Mac the photo library and its preferences must be set up Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Change preferences in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

System Photo Library overview for Photos on Mac - Apple Support

You can't delete photo albums from iCloud.com , rather open photo application of Mac , right click on album and delete it , it will get deleted from iCloud.com

Also in iCloud.com you can't drag and drop albums from Mac to iCloud .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2021 12:29 AM in response to Nanason

The iPhone and Mac must be signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network and the applications box ( photos must be turned as on in both Set up iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support

You must not be using only web account Web-only access to iCloud - Apple Support

In iPhone set up iCloud photos Use iCloud Photos on iPhone - Apple Support

In Mac the photo library and its preferences must be set up Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Change preferences in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

System Photo Library overview for Photos on Mac - Apple Support

You can't delete photo albums from iCloud.com , rather open photo application of Mac , right click on album and delete it , it will get deleted from iCloud.com

Also in iCloud.com you can't drag and drop albums from Mac to iCloud .

iCloud Photo Albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.