Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to but cannot purchase DRM-free version of a song through iTunes

I currently have an Apple Music subscription and have downloaded the DRM-free version of a little over 300 songs. I've created several playlists that contain a combination of Apple Music songs and songs I've purchased through the iTunes store. I'm cancelling my Apple Music subscription soon, therefore I need to actually purchase all of the Apple Music songs I have downloaded so I don't lose access to them. When I search for the song in the iTunes store, it does not provide me with the option to purchase the song, only play it. What steps do I need to take to purchase these songs? I need to cancel my Apple Music subscription soon and need to take action ASAP. A quick response is much appreciated!

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 6:34 AM

CGVL,

First delete the downloaded subscription copy. Then buy the non-DRM purchased version per the steps in here:

Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

3 replies

I need to but cannot purchase DRM-free version of a song through iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.