Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Media playback doesn’t transfer to HomePod

Everything is on the same Apple ID and on the same WiFi. I have Apple Music. No music nor podcast playback continues on my HomePod when I hold the iPhone over it. It can happen that the speak starts playing something else, i.e. the previous music I played earlier. This seems to be a unsolved issue because I read another post from 2019 bringing up the same issue.

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 11:48 AM

Power cycle or reboot your router, HomePod and iPhone. Wait until all have had time to reconnect to the internet. See the section Hand off audio to HomePod from Play audio on HomePod using an iOS or iPadOS device - Apple Support. Don't forget that Bluetooth needs to be enabled as well as WiFi. You might also try toggling both options under Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff off for 30 seconds, and then turn them back on again.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2021 11:48 AM in response to J. Ericson

Power cycle or reboot your router, HomePod and iPhone. Wait until all have had time to reconnect to the internet. See the section Hand off audio to HomePod from Play audio on HomePod using an iOS or iPadOS device - Apple Support. Don't forget that Bluetooth needs to be enabled as well as WiFi. You might also try toggling both options under Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff off for 30 seconds, and then turn them back on again.

tt2

Media playback doesn’t transfer to HomePod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.