Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs won't play

I recently purchased an album on I tunes. Some of the songs will not play either on my ipod or laptop. On the laptop it tells me that the device is not authorized to play that song and shows me a window to authorize the device. When I put my user name and pass word in to authorize it tells me the device is already authorized but the songs still won't play. What else can I try?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 4:25 AM

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2021 4:25 AM in response to DScafidi

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

Songs won't play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.