Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch activity

Hi there,

My Apple Watch has stopped sharing and receiving workout activity with my friends who I have been receiving notifications from for 2.5 years.

I have updated my watch on the recent update last week.

I have tried to delete a friend and re-connect with them to see if it fixes the problem, however I can’t even delete a friend as I’m receiving an error message.

I have confirmed with several of my friends that they are no longer able to view my activity also.

any suggestions?

thank you

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 2:31 AM

Yes that can happen sometimes. Try unpairing and then pairing your watch with your iphone again. That will restore the watch software to factory defaults. All your apps and settings will remain in place since they are restored on top during the process.

Unpairing is described in detail here:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2021 2:31 AM in response to KimB880

Yes that can happen sometimes. Try unpairing and then pairing your watch with your iphone again. That will restore the watch software to factory defaults. All your apps and settings will remain in place since they are restored on top during the process.

Unpairing is described in detail here:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch activity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.