Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad setup

I linked my Apple ID on my iPad with my iPhone. I would like to will the photos on my iPhone be deleted if I delete on my iPad?

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 12:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 5:28 AM

If you have enabled Photos in iCloud, your photos will be synchronised between your devices; any photographs taken on either device, or deleted from a device, will be synchronised with iCloud and other devices that are signed-in with the same AppleID.

Disabling Photos in iCloud permits independent management of your photos on each device.

These support pages describe synchronisation of photos between iCloud and your devices. It follows that in understanding these features, you can selectively disable synchronisation features to suit your specific needs:

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud Photos – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2021 5:28 AM in response to yysss

If you have enabled Photos in iCloud, your photos will be synchronised between your devices; any photographs taken on either device, or deleted from a device, will be synchronised with iCloud and other devices that are signed-in with the same AppleID.

Disabling Photos in iCloud permits independent management of your photos on each device.

These support pages describe synchronisation of photos between iCloud and your devices. It follows that in understanding these features, you can selectively disable synchronisation features to suit your specific needs:

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud Photos – Apple Support

iPad setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.