Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Have a got a POP up saying "your iphone has been hacked"

What I need to do

iPhone 11 Pro Max, 14

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 1:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 1:42 AM

santhoshmanikyam wrote:

What I need to do

Nothing. Not past ignoring that advertisement. Because that’s an advertisement.

If a website could do what that pop-up claims—scan your device to the depth of access required for a malware scan—that’d be a security catastrophe for all of us, and the scammers—if they could run a malware scan, which they cannot—would just upload all your info directly and not bother with the pop-up.

Some Apple links;

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250003457

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2021 1:42 AM in response to santhoshmanikyam

santhoshmanikyam wrote:

What I need to do

Nothing. Not past ignoring that advertisement. Because that’s an advertisement.

If a website could do what that pop-up claims—scan your device to the depth of access required for a malware scan—that’d be a security catastrophe for all of us, and the scammers—if they could run a malware scan, which they cannot—would just upload all your info directly and not bother with the pop-up.

Some Apple links;

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250003457

Apr 10, 2021 1:35 AM in response to santhoshmanikyam

That is spam.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to the latest iOS/iPadOS unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

It (Hacking) also depends on how careful are you in sharing sensitive and valuable information pertaining to your iPhone such as Passcode, Password etc with your friends and family members.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Thumb Rules:

1. Enable  Guided Access before handing over an iPhone to kids
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jail Break
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device and payment methods
  5. Beware of Phishing

Apr 10, 2021 8:21 AM in response to santhoshmanikyam

santhoshmanikyam wrote:

How to check whether my phone is safe or not?

Is your iPhone current? Is your iPhone not jail-broken? Your iPhone is fine.

How are we getting hacked?

Well...

How robust are our credentials? (Settings > Passwords > Security Recommendations)

Have familiar are each of us with the sorts scams and phishing schemes endemic in recent years? (And these pop-up advertisements are just one sort of scam targeting each and all of us.)

See Scam Pop-ups, Scam Viruses, Scam Receipts… - Apple Community

Effective defenses against malware and other threats (mostly Max, but the same logic applies to iPhone and iPad.)

Device and Data Access when Personal Safety is At Risk

Past keeping our devices and apps current and not installing privacy-intrusive apps, these all concentrate on how we ourselves can recognize and keep ourselves, and then as a result also keeping our devices secure.

And since it inevitably arises in these threads, technically, an iPhone or an iPad can be hacked. It’s quite rare, access to the necessary tools is exceedingly costly, and these hacks are very much targeted against individual people. Investigative journalists, exceedingly rich folks, top politicians and senior managers of large entities, political dissidents, etc. But even then, the first thing that’s usually tried is to fool us; of spear-phishing us.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.