Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music keeps pausing/skipping on its own

Help! My iPhone X’s Apple Music keep on pausing and skipping songs without me even touching the phone.

I have tried the following and nothing is helping!

• Deinstalled music app and reinstalled again
  • synced my music again/signed in and out of itunes.
  • force start my phone several times
  • reset network settings/all other settings as well.

this is getting very frustrating and I do not know what else to do. 😭

The software of my phone is also updated.

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 1:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 8:31 AM

nush256, thanks for the great details.

You mentioned that you're using headphones, but not AirPods. Do you mean you're using a set of EarPods, wired headphones that plug directly into your device? If so, do they have controls on them to adjust volume or skip songs?

If the answer is yes, it could mean something is going on with your EarPods that is causing the music to skip, such as the controls not working properly. If you have a different pair of EarPods, see if the issue happens with them. It may also be a good idea to check out How to clean your Apple products to clean out any lint, dirt, and debris from the port the headphones plug in to, to rule that out as well.

Give that a try, and we'll see how it goes.

Keep us posted!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2021 8:31 AM in response to nush256

nush256, thanks for the great details.

You mentioned that you're using headphones, but not AirPods. Do you mean you're using a set of EarPods, wired headphones that plug directly into your device? If so, do they have controls on them to adjust volume or skip songs?

If the answer is yes, it could mean something is going on with your EarPods that is causing the music to skip, such as the controls not working properly. If you have a different pair of EarPods, see if the issue happens with them. It may also be a good idea to check out How to clean your Apple products to clean out any lint, dirt, and debris from the port the headphones plug in to, to rule that out as well.

Give that a try, and we'll see how it goes.

Keep us posted!

Apr 13, 2021 5:04 AM in response to nush256

Thanks for reaching out nush256!

It sounds like you're having difficulty with your Apple Music pausing and skipping songs. We can help.

You've already done some great steps so far. Let's also see if we can isolate the behavior to a specific cause. For instance, do you notice this behavior more with songs you've downloaded for offline play, or when streaming music? If it only happens with streaming music, you may want to try some steps to Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference.

Additionally, when you listen to Apple Music, if you're using headphones, let's try using the iPhone speakers instead. If you haven't been using headphones, let's try using a different set or without any headphones and see if there is any improvement.

Once we've narrowed down the cause, it will be much easier to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

Take care!

May 2, 2021 6:38 AM in response to AdvisorMP

Thank you for your response! Here are my observations below after reading your recommendation:

• this happens only during music streaming. I tried to resolve the wifi interference issue and there is no improvements.
  • this happens when I’m using my headphones - when I just listen to music without headphones my music plays just fine!
  • I am using an apple headphone - not AirPods.
  • i have disabled Siri and it helped for a while but the problem came back despite Siri being disabled.
  • I thought the problem was with the headphone jack so I’ve purchased a new iPhone (12 pro max) but the problem still persists 😫😭😭😭😭😭

please please let me know what else can I do. Thank you in advance.

May 5, 2021 7:15 PM in response to Sharon_419

Dear Sharon_419, the issue is now resolved!

Thank you SO much for the amazing support. You were right, the problem was with my wired earphone that has to be inserted into the jack. My earphone had a remote control and that was what causing the problem.

I have changed my earphone and been listening to my Apple music without any disruption or stress for the last few days :D

Thank you again to the Apple Community for the wonderful guidance! Stay Safe.

Apple Music keeps pausing/skipping on its own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.