Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth keeps disconnecting

Hi, I bought a Macbook Air yesterday, I have connected my Samsung S10 via Bluetooth but it keeps disconnecting, I've looked this up and it seems that it is a regular issue, I've tried all suggestions but this just doesn't work. Rather frustrating as I did expect everything to work properly!

Thanks for any advice in getting this working

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 3:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 6:56 AM

Ok and Understood - Welcome to the World of Apple !!

Like in Windows, there are upgrades that happen. Like Windows 10 version 1909 and eventually Windows 10 2H2. Similar principle applies to macOS Big Sur version 11.2 there is a Big Sur Update to Big Sur version 11.2.3. What I was trying to determine if this computer has the Most Recent UpDated installed.

There is a way outside of what I asked. On the Desktop of the Computer Upper Left Apple Icon - Sysem Preference in a Down Menu >> Software Updates and open this Software Updates. It will connect to the Apple Servers and search for any Updates to the OS. If it finds an update - it will offer to download and install. That would pretty well secure having the Most Up-to-Date version available for this computer.

If the update is available, be sure to be connected to charger.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2021 6:56 AM in response to Milliebear

Ok and Understood - Welcome to the World of Apple !!

Like in Windows, there are upgrades that happen. Like Windows 10 version 1909 and eventually Windows 10 2H2. Similar principle applies to macOS Big Sur version 11.2 there is a Big Sur Update to Big Sur version 11.2.3. What I was trying to determine if this computer has the Most Recent UpDated installed.

There is a way outside of what I asked. On the Desktop of the Computer Upper Left Apple Icon - Sysem Preference in a Down Menu >> Software Updates and open this Software Updates. It will connect to the Apple Servers and search for any Updates to the OS. If it finds an update - it will offer to download and install. That would pretty well secure having the Most Up-to-Date version available for this computer.

If the update is available, be sure to be connected to charger.

Apr 10, 2021 4:50 AM in response to Milliebear

If this is the New Apple Silicon M1 CPU - About this Mac and verify what version of Big Sur is installed. Look for the word Big Sur and Click on that will reveal the Version Number.. Like macOS 11.1 ( 20C69 ) The computer may have addition updates for Big Sur. Present Release Version is macOS 11.2.3 (20D91)

This may resolve you issue.

Apr 10, 2021 8:17 AM in response to PRP_53

So we have achieved mild success.

I was able to Bluetooth across a couple of pictures but then it disconnected itself again, this seems like the this will be the Achilles heel of this device.

I usually use my laptop as a conduit between my phone and my hard-drive for the pictures on my camera, this will be my next challenge I am sure.

Many thanks for your help, I am very grateful :)

Bluetooth keeps disconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.