Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t send or recieve aol mail on my iPhone

Can no longer send or receive aol mail on my iphone

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 11:01 AM

Lindalarkin Said:

"Can no longer send or receive aol mail on my iphone"

-------

Are you Connected to the Internet?

You would need to be connected to the internet to make this work. So, connect to it, and see if it sends.

Expired App Password:

Do you use an App Password? Tf so, try a new App Password. It may need to resync it the App password has expired (something often seen after updating your device or other installations).

See how AOL Uses it:

As an example, here is how AOL uses an app password. You may need to use an app password. Go Here: Create and Manage Third-Party App Passwords - AOL Help

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2021 11:01 AM in response to Lindalarkin

Lindalarkin Said:

"Can no longer send or receive aol mail on my iphone"

-------

Are you Connected to the Internet?

You would need to be connected to the internet to make this work. So, connect to it, and see if it sends.

Expired App Password:

Do you use an App Password? Tf so, try a new App Password. It may need to resync it the App password has expired (something often seen after updating your device or other installations).

See how AOL Uses it:

As an example, here is how AOL uses an app password. You may need to use an app password. Go Here: Create and Manage Third-Party App Passwords - AOL Help

Apr 10, 2021 11:05 AM in response to Lindalarkin

AOL is now requiring App-Specific passwords to be entered instead of your normal password. This is part of their security measure. So, How does one create an App Specific password to enter for AOL email account(s)? See below:

If you've activated 2-step verification for your AOL account, you'll need to generate and use an "app password" to access AOL Mail from these apps.

1. Sign in and go to the AOL Account security page. You can do this by signing on to AOL from a computer.

2. Click Generate app password or Manage app passwords.

3. Select your app from the drop down menu and click Generate.

4. Follow the instructions below the password.

- Be sure to enter the password into your app without any spaces.

5. Click Done.

6. Use this app password and your email address to sign in to your email app.

Axel F.

Can’t send or recieve aol mail on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.