Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make photos and documents of my choice, iPhone 11 password protected?

I’m an iPhone 11 user. Don’t understand the operating system at all. How do I make photos and documents of my choice password protected? Also, thoughts on facial recognition and saving passwords. Don’t understand why some are saved and generate their own passwords and others I can’t automatically save. Sorry so many questions. I was hacked on my Samsung, and am still suffering repercussions 1 1/2 years later.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 11:06 AM

You can't password protect photos and documents directly in iOS.

The iPhone is encrypted and password / face / finger print protected already, which includes all files and photos on it, so there is no need for the extra layer. Unless someone can guess your passcode, or use your face to unlock it, the data is safe and cannot be retrieved in any way.

If you need to protect specific things, then you need to download apps that allow such a thing from the App Store.

Password autogeneration will happen during sign up of different services and websites. These all should be saved in Keychain if you have it turned on. Which ones aren't being autogenerated?

Perhaps a read through the user manual would one useful: link-> iPhone User Guide - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2021 11:06 AM in response to StillLearningIphone

You can't password protect photos and documents directly in iOS.

The iPhone is encrypted and password / face / finger print protected already, which includes all files and photos on it, so there is no need for the extra layer. Unless someone can guess your passcode, or use your face to unlock it, the data is safe and cannot be retrieved in any way.

If you need to protect specific things, then you need to download apps that allow such a thing from the App Store.

Password autogeneration will happen during sign up of different services and websites. These all should be saved in Keychain if you have it turned on. Which ones aren't being autogenerated?

Perhaps a read through the user manual would one useful: link-> iPhone User Guide - Apple Support

How do I make photos and documents of my choice, iPhone 11 password protected?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.