Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing AcornTV Channel through Apple TV

I subscribed to Acorn TV through Apple TV. I have paid my first monthly subscription fee. but have not received any information from Apple or Acorn about how to login into my Acorn subscription. I asked Acorn TV help, and they said that I need to ensure that I'm trying to login in through Acorn TV Channel (as distinct from Acorn TV app). I don't see an Acorn TV channel option in my Apple TV view, however. How do I get to this Acorn TV Channel? Alternatively, could you send me a not to let me know how to login to Acorn TV App with my Apple TV coordinates?

Thank you!

Brian Williams

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 4:19 PM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

You can subscribe to Acorn TV in several ways:

1. Use the Acorn TV app and subscribe with Acorn directly (e.g. on the web). Then you get have a separate Acorn account.
  2. Use the Acorn TV app on an Apple device and subscribe in-app. You will be billed through your Apple ID account.
  3. Use the Apple TV app and subscribe in-app to the Acorn TV Channel. You will be billed through your Apple ID account.
  4. Through another channel reseller.

These types of subscriptions are generally not exchangeable, without canceling and re-subscribing.

If you subscribed in the Apple TV app (3), then you will have to watch in the Apple TV app. In all other situations, you will have to view in the separate Acorn TV app.

Apple devices will recognize subscriptions linked to your Apple ID account (2)(3), and you wouldn’t have to sign in manually.

Your Acorn TV subscription through Apple (2) may or may not be valid for third party devices or the web.

Acorn TV app - App Store preview - Apple

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2021 4:19 PM in response to willemmer

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

You can subscribe to Acorn TV in several ways:

1. Use the Acorn TV app and subscribe with Acorn directly (e.g. on the web). Then you get have a separate Acorn account.
  2. Use the Acorn TV app on an Apple device and subscribe in-app. You will be billed through your Apple ID account.
  3. Use the Apple TV app and subscribe in-app to the Acorn TV Channel. You will be billed through your Apple ID account.
  4. Through another channel reseller.

These types of subscriptions are generally not exchangeable, without canceling and re-subscribing.

If you subscribed in the Apple TV app (3), then you will have to watch in the Apple TV app. In all other situations, you will have to view in the separate Acorn TV app.

Apple devices will recognize subscriptions linked to your Apple ID account (2)(3), and you wouldn’t have to sign in manually.

Your Acorn TV subscription through Apple (2) may or may not be valid for third party devices or the web.

Acorn TV app - App Store preview - Apple

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Apr 11, 2021 9:56 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thank you! I am all set now. The issue was in part user error in that I didn't know that you had to scroll down multiple levels on the Apple TV main page to get to the Channels. I was also surprised to learn that the support staff at Apple did not know what the "Acorn TV Channel" was or how to get to it on two separate calls. I suggested in an Apple feedback page that they move Channels up to the main navigation bar at the top, along with TV, Movies, etc.

Thanks for your help.

Apr 11, 2021 5:23 PM in response to rkaufmann87

You're probably right about knowing about the Acorn TV channel specifically. But would you expect an Apple service representative to know that there is a band on the Apple TV display (misplaced about 3 scrolls below the main banner) that lists all of the channels that a particular Apple TV user has available to them? All I needed was a nod toward where I could find the channels that I had available to me on their platform. That seems a fairly light lift.

Accessing AcornTV Channel through Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.