Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 & the new 16” MacBook Pro.

Will Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 run on the 2021 MacBook Pro 16?

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 1:48 PM

Actually I opened a chat yesterday with the Genius Bar and was told:

it will run on any intel processor with these requirements...

Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 system requirements:

Intel processor.

Mac OS X v10.5.7 or v10.6.

1GB of RAM (2GB recommended)

1GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash-based storage devices)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2021 1:48 PM in response to Allan Jones

Actually I opened a chat yesterday with the Genius Bar and was told:

Intel processor.

1GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash-based storage devices)

Apr 21, 2021 10:37 PM in response to Rubrduck551

UPDATE:

based on this info that I posted which I received from a chat opened with the Genius Bar...

”Actually I opened a chat yesterday with the Genius Bar and was told:

Intel processor.

1GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash-based storage devices)”

I moved forward in purchasing a bran new 16” MACBOOK PRO @ the Sherman Oaks store. got it home last night and set it up.

This morning I got up and started the install of Adobe CS 5.5.

Sadly, I stared in complete and utter shock and dismay as my software which I specifically asked could be installed on the new MACBOOK PRO 16”...gave me sad warnings of being incompatible with the new laptop running on 64 bit speeds but the CS 5.5 is running at 32 bit or something.

The biggest disappointment is that I specifically called and asked before making an *** out of myself and buying one that wasn’t compatible.

Apparently my particular “genius” turned out to be far less than...

....so now I’m sitting here staring at a rather gorgeous, albeit completely useless, $3800 paperweight.

MY WHOLE REASON FOR GETTING A NEW LAPTOP IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS TO WORK ON MY GRAPHICS AGAIN FROM THE LAST GOOD VERSION OF PS & AI.

Either Webster completely changed the definition of Genius, or Apple’s standards have dropped drastically.

Apple...you should recommend this comment too.

Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 & the new 16” MacBook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.