Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viruses

I got a pop up when I opened a website on safari saying I got 4 new virus and told me to install an app to get rid of the viruses I want to know if this is real or if it’s a scam. Can someone help me.

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 10:54 PM

Hey dont be worried this is just a scam trying to get you to do something, you can just close the tab or close safari and you should be just fine, you see that url you can always tell its a scam or a bad link when you click on it or get to a webiste where the url is some random kind of url or something just random out of the blue and nobody would ever tell you to install an app on your device or even tell you that you have a virus unless they are trying to get your information, so don't go installing any apps you should be just fine. Hope that fixes your worries. 🙂

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2021 10:54 PM in response to adams138

Hey dont be worried this is just a scam trying to get you to do something, you can just close the tab or close safari and you should be just fine, you see that url you can always tell its a scam or a bad link when you click on it or get to a webiste where the url is some random kind of url or something just random out of the blue and nobody would ever tell you to install an app on your device or even tell you that you have a virus unless they are trying to get your information, so don't go installing any apps you should be just fine. Hope that fixes your worries. 🙂

Viruses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.