Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur Upgrade

Good morning,

I upgraded from 10.13.6 to 11.2.3 on a 2013 MacPro by installing a the new OS, and then subsequently using Migration Assistant  to migrate 1 user's data, network, and "other files". I plan on installing applications on as needed basis. Since performing the update and data migration, 2 "smiley" Mac window alerts that "The file can't be found" OK - ? when plugging in iPhone 11 running iOS 14.4.2

? - leads to blank help with no further explanation.

The only option is to agree twice and proceed.  As far as I can tell there are no other issue and the evert appears benign. However, I've seen postings where 12X# of alerts appear.

Here are other observations;

No "file can't be found" message with new user.

1 message instead of 2 when booted into Safe Mode.

After 3-4-? tiers, and rounds of diagnostics, Apple Support acknowledged that there may be an issue and said to look for a possible solution in OS updates, but that they didn't know of a release date.

I would like to avoid creating a new users as I'm not told one is necessary and creating a new user at this stage is annoying and destructive.

Has anyone encountered similar issue/s, and if so, has Apple Support been able to share a fix or release date? Not holding anyone to a date, just curious as to when a fix to a possible problem might possibly be anticipated.

Thank you

Mac Pro, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 8:07 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Big Sur Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.