Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop AirPods connecting to other phones

I don’t know who at Apple decided that it’s ok to have family AirPods connecting to random family iPhones but this is just super annoying. Kids headphones are constantly connecting to iPhones initiating phone connection - even though they are nowhere near the device... also, who the heck decided that iPhones should automatically connect to AirPods when initiating a call and no way to turn this off?

Please provide option to turn all this stuff off.

And no, I don’t want to have separate dang iTunes accounts on every iOS device in our house that various family members use. And I also don’t want to connect every dang AirPod to every iPhone and change some weird switch in Bluetooth that shows up when devices are connected.

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 5:45 PM

Similar questions

10 replies

Apr 11, 2021 7:41 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

this is not a solution if everyones devices were setup before that family sharing was available, and if they don't even know how to manage their own devices (including family members who have no idea what icloud and other random stuff like that is and where to find it).

Apple needs to fix this and either provide options to disable this stupid auto connection or revert this to how it was before ios 14.

Stop AirPods connecting to other phones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.