Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I create a playlist that mixes my music and Apple Music?

Background:

I have 345GB of my own music (either ripped from CDs or downloaded live shows) organized in various playlists.

I have an Apple Music family subscription.

I'm not currently using iCloud Music Library.

I'm still using iTunes in Mojave, as I'm not at all a fan of the Music app in Catalina/Big Sur. (bring back the persistent filter!)

What I'm trying to do:

I'm creating a playlist for a party in a few weeks, and I'll be playing the music from a wifi-connected iPad.

Most of the music will be from the afore-mentioned personal library.

But I would like to add some songs from Apple Music that are not part of my library.

A) is that possible?

B) if so, how do I do it?

Additional considerations:

I don't care if my playlists are available in the cloud - I've found that the matching doesn't work very well.

I've read about some people having problems with losing personal files in the match/merge process, so I'm very leery of anything iCloud/library/music-related.

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 5:53 AM

You could try this approach:

1. Use the option-start-iTunes method to create a new empty library in your computer.
  2. Add your own songs that you want in this playlist to your new library.
  3. Enable iCloud Music Library as part of Apple Music.
  4. Add the tracks from Apple Music that you want to the library.
  5. Create and arrange the playlist in order.
  6. Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music on the iPad. (I guess you should not merge but replace, you can restore the original media selection to this iPad later.)
  7. Download all tracks in the playlist so they are available for offline use.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2021 5:53 AM in response to Brian Johnston

You could try this approach:

1. Use the option-start-iTunes method to create a new empty library in your computer.
  2. Add your own songs that you want in this playlist to your new library.
  3. Enable iCloud Music Library as part of Apple Music.
  4. Add the tracks from Apple Music that you want to the library.
  5. Create and arrange the playlist in order.
  6. Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music on the iPad. (I guess you should not merge but replace, you can restore the original media selection to this iPad later.)
  7. Download all tracks in the playlist so they are available for offline use.

tt2

can I create a playlist that mixes my music and Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.