Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic 10.5.1 & Mac OS Mojave: crash at AU validation

I upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave on my Mac Pro (5.1). The last compatible version of Logic for Mojave is 10.5.1.

Since the update to 10.5.1 I have the following problem: Logic tries to validate all plugins at startup but gets stuck after a while.

I took out the plugins in the Components folder and only started with a few plugins. That worked.

However, if I put more plugins back in the Components folder, Logic crashes again.

I've tried to reduce this to a buggy plugin, but it seems to be less of a plugin problem than the number of plugins in the folder.

I deleted the "AudioUnitCache" in the Library / Caches folder. Then Logic starts the validation, but after a while it crashes again.

Maybe someone can give me some advice on how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance !

Mac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 11:07 AM

Not too many ideas, but...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2021 11:07 AM in response to tonwurm

Not too many ideas, but...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

Logic 10.5.1 & Mac OS Mojave: crash at AU validation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.