Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music, Updating Cloud Music Library, Stuck

Hi, I have logged into my Apple ID with the "Music" app, and since yesterday I get "Updating Cloud Music Library" in the bottom-left corner, and I cannot add anything into my library.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 5:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 6:24 AM

Hello Poul_Puzzle,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with your Music app, and we'd like to get you pointed in the right direction for a resolution. Get started by reviewing the guidance below:

Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac

These articles contain great steps for resolving issues with any app that is not working as expected. If the issue should persist, isolate further with safe mode as outlined here: How to use safe mode on your Mac

This article contains additional steps for if the issue does or does not persist.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2021 6:24 AM in response to Poul_Puzzle

Hello Poul_Puzzle,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with your Music app, and we'd like to get you pointed in the right direction for a resolution. Get started by reviewing the guidance below:

Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac

These articles contain great steps for resolving issues with any app that is not working as expected. If the issue should persist, isolate further with safe mode as outlined here: How to use safe mode on your Mac

This article contains additional steps for if the issue does or does not persist.

Take care!

Music, Updating Cloud Music Library, Stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.