Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I trade in my old iPad after I have purchased a new one, not during the transaction for the new one?

Just purchased a new iPad. Can I trade my old one in now?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 11:06 AM

You can trade-in qualifying devices whenever you wish, but if this is after you have purchased a new device, the trade-in value cannot be retrospectively applied to a prior purchase. In this situation, you will be offered an Apple Gift Card - the value of which can be used against purchase of future items.

Apple Trade In - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2021 11:06 AM in response to Kiibbi

You can trade-in qualifying devices whenever you wish, but if this is after you have purchased a new device, the trade-in value cannot be retrospectively applied to a prior purchase. In this situation, you will be offered an Apple Gift Card - the value of which can be used against purchase of future items.

Apple Trade In - Apple

Can I trade in my old iPad after I have purchased a new one, not during the transaction for the new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.