Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thousands of photos missing from icloud

Why are thousands of photos & videos missing from my icloud, 2011-2018? There is only a gray triangle with an exclamation point inside a blank rectangle. I do have 200GB, which my icloud account says is only half used (which I seriously doubt given I have 16K photos/videos).

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 10:45 AM

Hey there, clf59!

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! If we understand correctly, you're unable to load photos and are seeing an exclamation point instead. We know it's vital to have access to all of your important photos, and we'd like to help!

To clarify, are you able to load these photos from another device that supports iCloud, like an iPhone or iPad? If the photos still do not appear, we recommend using the suggested troubleshooting steps in the resource below:

If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

Should the issue persist, Contact Apple Support for additional options.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2021 10:45 AM in response to clf59

Hey there, clf59!

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! If we understand correctly, you're unable to load photos and are seeing an exclamation point instead. We know it's vital to have access to all of your important photos, and we'd like to help!

To clarify, are you able to load these photos from another device that supports iCloud, like an iPhone or iPad? If the photos still do not appear, we recommend using the suggested troubleshooting steps in the resource below:

If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

Should the issue persist, Contact Apple Support for additional options.

Take care!

Thousands of photos missing from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.