Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find past messages on iCloud backup

How can I find deleted text messages on my phone? I cannot find a backup to iCloud on my messages

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 6:11 PM

Are you using 'Messages in iCloud'? If so, messages you have deleted on any device are also deleted on all devices - including iCloud and they are gone forever.

If not, then the messages may be in your iCloud backup (and/or your computer if you were also backing up there). To restore a backup, see:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Be aware that restore is an all or nothing process. You cannot restore only messages (for example) and any information on your iPhone between now and when the backup was created will be lost.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2021 6:11 PM in response to Joss1313

Are you using 'Messages in iCloud'? If so, messages you have deleted on any device are also deleted on all devices - including iCloud and they are gone forever.

If not, then the messages may be in your iCloud backup (and/or your computer if you were also backing up there). To restore a backup, see:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Be aware that restore is an all or nothing process. You cannot restore only messages (for example) and any information on your iPhone between now and when the backup was created will be lost.

Find past messages on iCloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.