Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone help me? How do I access the right user guide for my model A1469 apple tv?

Can anyone help me? How do I access the right user guide for my model A1469 apple tv? My device doesn't have any ID like the tvOS 13 or 14 written anywhere, and neither is it in the "About" section of Settings.

Poor set up indeed.

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 7:13 AM

How do I access the right user guide for my model A1469 apple tv?

There is a setup guide at support.apple.com/manuals/appletv

Specifically this PDF: Apple TV (3rd generation) - Setup Guide

My device doesn't have any ID like the tvOS 13 or 14 written anywhere, and neither is it in the "About" section of Settings.

The version system software for the Apple TV (3rd generation) is from Apple TV Software 5.0 (2012) to Apple TV Software 7.6.2 (2020). tvOS 9 or later is for Apple TV (4th generation or later), not for the 3rd generation.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2021 7:13 AM in response to kandle53

How do I access the right user guide for my model A1469 apple tv?

There is a setup guide at support.apple.com/manuals/appletv

Specifically this PDF: Apple TV (3rd generation) - Setup Guide

My device doesn't have any ID like the tvOS 13 or 14 written anywhere, and neither is it in the "About" section of Settings.

The version system software for the Apple TV (3rd generation) is from Apple TV Software 5.0 (2012) to Apple TV Software 7.6.2 (2020). tvOS 9 or later is for Apple TV (4th generation or later), not for the 3rd generation.

Apr 15, 2021 1:03 AM in response to Urquhart1244

many thanks; really disappointing that Apple, who want to position themselves as better than their competitors & adopt an 'exclusivity' about their products & services (as if users are 'part of an exclusive club'), can't provide the same clarity of communication (labelling, user friendly inter-face, explanations, etc) instead of pretending to be that which they aren't, & failing users. User friendly & intuitive???...HUMBUG!!! should be ashamed of themselves for the mis-representation & disingenuity!!

many thanks again for your help

cheers kb

Can anyone help me? How do I access the right user guide for my model A1469 apple tv?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.