Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages sending to friends and showing up under my gmail on their phone.

I changed SIM cards due to Sprint and T-mobile merging. Since then, some of my friends have told me my text messages are coming up under my gmail, not my phone number so they didn't know it was me...

any suggestions?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 5:31 PM

Is your Apple ID actually your Gmail address? If so, the chances are you have sent an iMessage (to an Apple device), and are using your Apple ID at Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > Start New Messages From.

4 replies

Text messages sending to friends and showing up under my gmail on their phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.