You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

locked and restricted for apple pay

I am 16 years old and i’ve been using apple pay to receive money from my mom when i am out . Today i was trying to receive money and it was asking for my ssn address etc , i typed everything in but it still won’t let me . How can i resolve this ?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 7:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 11:37 AM

Apple Pay Cash is restricted to US residents over the age of 18.

If you are under 18, your parents will have to use Family Sharing to set up a Cash account for you that they will be legally responsible for.

4 replies

Apr 12, 2021 8:34 PM in response to haleyyy001

The same thing is happening to me, I wonder if it’s some sort of bug... it kept saying failed to verify and I kept trying so I got tired and just put random info and it says verified but after I go to the Apple Cash card it says to verify again now sure what’s going on... my friend was able to send me money but I thought I’d you weren’t verified you can’t send or receive money

locked and restricted for apple pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.