Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What's the highest OS that will support iOS 9.3.5?

Apologies if this question has been asked and answered before, I was not able to find a related topic.

I have an older iPad running iOS 9.3.5 and a MacBook Pro running OS 10.11.6. I am afraid to update my MacBook for fear that my iPad will no longer be supported. It used to run a lower iOS and was synced to an iMac with OS 10.6.8, but was accidentally updated when we had to reset it a few years ago. Is there a way I can revert to an older iOS so that it can be compatibly with my iMac again? Or is it safe to update my MacBook?

Thank you! ^_^

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 11:53 AM

I have an iPhone 4S from Fall 2011 that is running iOS 9.3.6. I just took some pictures yesterday, and connected it to my M1 Mac mini running macOS 11.2.3. I was able to extract the pictures from the iPhone using Apple's Image Capture.

The Music client identifies this phone in its side bar and displays all of the songs on the phone. Sync Settings… brings up a familiar panel that allows me to check for an update, or Restore iPhone… and backup the phone.

I believe Apple has nixed its signature on older iOS releases preventing one from rolling back iOS versions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2021 11:53 AM in response to HappyZappe

I have an iPhone 4S from Fall 2011 that is running iOS 9.3.6. I just took some pictures yesterday, and connected it to my M1 Mac mini running macOS 11.2.3. I was able to extract the pictures from the iPhone using Apple's Image Capture.

The Music client identifies this phone in its side bar and displays all of the songs on the phone. Sync Settings… brings up a familiar panel that allows me to check for an update, or Restore iPhone… and backup the phone.

I believe Apple has nixed its signature on older iOS releases preventing one from rolling back iOS versions.

What's the highest OS that will support iOS 9.3.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.