Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BeatsX working with iPhone but not MacOS

Hey :)

I've got a pair of BeatsX headphones that I haven't used for a while. I tried connecting them to my new iPhone and MacBook Air M1 (MacOS 11.2.2), and they're both able to connect, but for some reason no sound will transmit from my Mac. I've tested with a bluetooth speaker, and the sound works with those, so I know that it's just the beats headphones. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

William

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 8:21 PM

Greetings william.duignan,

We see that you're experiencing some problems using your BeatsX with your new Mac and are happy to assist.

As you've isolated the behavior to the connection between the Beats and Mac, we'd recommend resetting the Beats first. Our page Reset your Beats earphones covers how. It's also a good idea to forget the connection between these devices and then pair once more after that reset is completed.

We hope this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2021 8:21 PM in response to william.duignan

Greetings william.duignan,

We see that you're experiencing some problems using your BeatsX with your new Mac and are happy to assist.

As you've isolated the behavior to the connection between the Beats and Mac, we'd recommend resetting the Beats first. Our page Reset your Beats earphones covers how. It's also a good idea to forget the connection between these devices and then pair once more after that reset is completed.

We hope this helps!

Apr 13, 2021 10:09 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Hey Chuck!

Thanks so much for replying! You were dead right! :D

I factory reset my BeatsX headphones, and after plugging them into the computer to reconfigure them via the Beats Firmware website (this is because I had a weird flashing red light, and couldn't sync them with my phone yet), I was able to successfully reconnect, and get sound from, both my iPhone and MacBook.

Really helpful advice. Thanks very much!!! Time to go listen to music way too loudly!

W

BeatsX working with iPhone but not MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.