Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I download MacOS Mojave 10.14. 6

how do I download MacOS Mojave 10.14?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 2:45 AM

The Age of the computer will govern what Version of macOS it can upgrade to. Open About this Mac will provide those details

Mojave - Specifications Required Last macOS to still support 32 bit apps / extensions and Drivers

Catalina - Specification Required No Support for anything 32 bit

Big Sur - Specification Required No Support for anything 32 bit

Whatever upgrade is decided on - make a Time Machine Backup Before attempting.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2021 2:45 AM in response to lisarenee1991

The Age of the computer will govern what Version of macOS it can upgrade to. Open About this Mac will provide those details

Mojave - Specifications Required Last macOS to still support 32 bit apps / extensions and Drivers

Catalina - Specification Required No Support for anything 32 bit

Big Sur - Specification Required No Support for anything 32 bit

Whatever upgrade is decided on - make a Time Machine Backup Before attempting.

Apr 13, 2021 10:19 AM in response to lisarenee1991

Generally speaking, Apple wants people to upgrade as far as their Mac hardware will go. If you go to System Preferences/Software Update it will point you to download Catalina or Big Sur.

But, assuming you know what you want:

In Safari, go to https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?mt=12 

That will open the App Store page for Mojave.

Just going to the App Store and searching for "Mojave" won't do it.

Make sure you back up everything first onto an external Time Machine drive!

Apr 25, 2021 1:41 PM in response to GBS1111

How to get old versions of macOS and choose the version of macOS compatible with your computer. Be Certain to open the link in the Next Page to download, Using Safari as Other may not work. Safari will present a redirect and open the Apple Store , as per your Region, and present to download the version chosen. There is not need to change Regions from UK to whatever region.

May 12, 2021 2:43 AM in response to 辰208

The Age of this computer will Govern what newer version of macOS it will Qualify to install. Use About this Mac from the Apple Icon on Desktop - the required Information will be there.

With the above information in-hand - follow this How to get old versions of macOS and verify what version this computer Qualifies to install. Make sure to use Only Safari to commence the download as Other may not work

Apr 13, 2021 9:26 PM in response to TinenTech

Thank you very much for the link, it took me to Mojave. However, when I tried to download Mojave, I got the message;

"This version of macOS 10.14.6 cannot be installed on this computer." Do you have any other suggestions?

A little more background: Today, I downloaded Turbo Tax 2020 and it would not work with my current operating system. I was able to save it to my desktop, but it will not open. When I go to the App Store to search for Mojave or Catalina, there no apps for these two systems. I don't know what to do. And yes I should not have waited the last minute to do my taxes, ugggggh

Apr 15, 2021 3:20 PM in response to lisarenee1991

You know that the income tax deadline (for Federal and most states) has been extended to May 17th, right?

I have had to upgrade macOS to be with TurboTax twice before; once I had to use a friend's Mac because my old one couldn't be upgraded that far. Intuit for some reason doesn't like being backward-compatible.

My existing Mac won't go above Catalina, so once they require Big Sur, it's mandatory hardware upgrade time.

Apr 25, 2021 1:06 PM in response to TinenTech

When I click there, I get a pop up that says "This is not available from the UK store." So I try logging in to the US store and get the same message but "from the US store"! Help. I need to upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave to run Panopto to record lectures I'm giving for my university, but can't upgrade to Catalina as my MS Office for Mac are all 32 bit.... And I need to make powerpoints for the lectures. ARGH!

Apr 25, 2021 1:57 PM in response to PRP_53

YES!! That worked!! My browser default is Firefox as so many university apps and software won’t work in Safari. (Everything is optimised to Chrome, but I hate Chrome, so use Firefox.) THANK YOU!! I was on with Apple Support for quite a while and he couldn’t resolve, except to try Safe Mode, but that didn’t work either!

how do I download MacOS Mojave 10.14. 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.