You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best Hub for Mac Mini M1 ?

I've got a Mac mini M1 model and I'm looking for a hub that can provide more flexibility. What are some good options? I've had my eyes on the the Satechi Hub lately. I like that it offers thunderbolt, USB, and SD card options. Does anyone know much about the Satechi Hub, or other hubs? Also, I could use some more HDMI availability. I'm a music producer/audio engineer and I'm going to need more screen real estate soon, so I'd like to be able to use multiple monitors (probably two at most) If I wanted more HDMI capability would I need to buy a separate hub or dongle for HDMI or is there an existing hub with all of the ports in one? I really appreciate the Satechi design because of the way the Mac mini mounts on top of it, but that hub doesn't have an extra HDMI port.

Mac mini, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 9:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 4:27 AM

FWIW, get yourself a self powered dock/hub. You can't expect the

Mini to supply a lot of power to a bunch of peripherals connected to

a hub.

As such, the first place I would check out is the offerings from

OWC which have both USB-C and Thunderbolt solutions which can

provide ample power to any peripherals you may want to connect to them.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 14, 2021 4:27 AM in response to astokes_music

FWIW, get yourself a self powered dock/hub. You can't expect the

Mini to supply a lot of power to a bunch of peripherals connected to

a hub.

As such, the first place I would check out is the offerings from

OWC which have both USB-C and Thunderbolt solutions which can

provide ample power to any peripherals you may want to connect to them.

Best Hub for Mac Mini M1 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.