Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad rotation stuck

Hi

My IPad 3’s rotation is stuck.

The rotation lock is off. I have turned it on and off a couple of times.

I have also restarted the IPad a couple of times.

There is no switch on the side.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Henrik

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 1:09 AM

To enable or disable Screen Rotation, you need to access the Control Centre. Swipe downwards from the top-right corner of the screen - then tap the Screen Rotation lock icon:

If screen rotation proves to be problem with some Apps - and not others - you need to be aware that not all Apps are coded to operate in both Portrait and Landscape screen modes. Apps that have a fixed screen orientation will always appear in the orientation determined by the App Developer.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2021 1:09 AM in response to Henrik Stender

To enable or disable Screen Rotation, you need to access the Control Centre. Swipe downwards from the top-right corner of the screen - then tap the Screen Rotation lock icon:

If screen rotation proves to be problem with some Apps - and not others - you need to be aware that not all Apps are coded to operate in both Portrait and Landscape screen modes. Apps that have a fixed screen orientation will always appear in the orientation determined by the App Developer.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful.

iPad rotation stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.