Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail not syncing fully when using Mail on iPhone XR

A new weird thing has begun to happen with my Gmail that I can't fix:

When I read/delete/move a message in my Gmail on my iPhone XR the change does not sync on my other devices or the Gmail Mail app. I have had this account and set-up for years with it working perfectly but now it does not work. I have another Gmail account I use via Mail on my phone that works perfectly, the settings are all identical for both accounts. Also, my husband collects the mail from the same problematic account on his iPhone XR and it works perfectly, again, his settings are identical to mine - so the problem resides with my phone somehow.

I have tried:

1. Restarting my phone
  2. Removing all my mail accounts from all my devices and adding them back on.
  3. Checking the settings on my phone match the working accounts and my husband's management of the same account. Also checking the settings for the account match the other working Gmail accounts on the web-based Gmail platform.
  4. Erasing my iPhone and reconfiguring it from an iCloud backup.

Can anyone help as this is driving me mad! I also use this account for pretty much everything - so don't want to ditch it unless there is no hope at all.

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 3:57 AM

Remove your email account and set it up again

Make sure that all of your emails are there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap the email account that you want to remove. Tap Delete Account.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. ... 
  2. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
  3. Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.

More items...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch ...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2021 3:57 AM in response to tentrego

Remove your email account and set it up again

Make sure that all of your emails are there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap the email account that you want to remove. Tap Delete Account.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. ... 
  2. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
  3. Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.

More items...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch ...

Gmail not syncing fully when using Mail on iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.