Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new iPad 8 generation. Does it come with its own SIM card since I have a new iPad number?

Does new iPad come with its own SIM card?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 5:38 AM

Current cellular models of iPad are not supplied with a physical SIM card. Some older models, that support AppleSIM, may be supplied with a physical AppleSIM card.

The proprietary AppleSIM service has largely been replaced by Carrier eSIM - where a physical SIM is no longer needed to provision Cellular service with your chosen Carrier.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2021 5:38 AM in response to evella1021

Current cellular models of iPad are not supplied with a physical SIM card. Some older models, that support AppleSIM, may be supplied with a physical AppleSIM card.

The proprietary AppleSIM service has largely been replaced by Carrier eSIM - where a physical SIM is no longer needed to provision Cellular service with your chosen Carrier.

I have a new iPad 8 generation. Does it come with its own SIM card since I have a new iPad number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.