Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CALLS FROM GLOBAL TEL LINK (AN INMATE SERVICE) HAS STOPPED WORKING - CALLS ARE GOING STRAIT TO VOICEMAIL

CALLS FROM GLOBAL TEL LINK (AN INMATE SERVICE) HAS STOPPED WORKING - CALLS ARE GOING STRAIT TO VOICEMAIL

So super strange. I have an incarcerated family member, and have received calls for years. All the sudden, the calls stop ‘ringing’ my phone (iPhone 8 Plus). Do Not Disturb is not on, it’s not turned on on my smart watch either. I’ve turned it on/off, all updates are current. No updates were installed to initiate this happening.

What happens is this, I’m watching the phone... a voicemail notification appears... no incoming call is on my missed calls or recent call list. I am at a loss. I have contacted the company, I’m hoping for a response. This is not only happening to me, it is also happening to other inmates’ family members. I believe this is an Apple / Global Tel Link connection glitch.

If someone can please advise me of who to contact in regards to this... Global Tel Link people don’t care. Many people are unable to communicate with their loved ones. Please help.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 5:42 PM

I've been having the same issue. Just voicemails back to back and not one call received. I have a Google pixel 4a and I've called GTL and they keep telling me it's my network provider but ive gone into Verizon wireless and they tell me they cannot block any calls only i can. They say it may be a spam filter but i have the number they call on saved into my contacts. I've tried everything and nothing has worked for me. This has been going on since Tuesday May 25th, 2021

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2021 5:42 PM in response to JODYGU3

I've been having the same issue. Just voicemails back to back and not one call received. I have a Google pixel 4a and I've called GTL and they keep telling me it's my network provider but ive gone into Verizon wireless and they tell me they cannot block any calls only i can. They say it may be a spam filter but i have the number they call on saved into my contacts. I've tried everything and nothing has worked for me. This has been going on since Tuesday May 25th, 2021

Jun 3, 2021 7:30 AM in response to Kas0116

I’m have the same issue for the last 2 weeks. Originally I was getting the phone calls but wasn’t able accept the call. Now just getting the voicemail with no phone call notification. I’ve contacted GTL but nothing was fixed and they had no answer. I also have Verizon and wondering if it’s something with them?

Jun 20, 2021 4:23 PM in response to JODYGU3

Same here, my inmates said he has called and I never get the call, we are also having issues with dropped calls. I have at&t and never have a problem with anyone else who calls, only when using gtl. I called and they said the prison has to put in a request to get it fixed, I call the prison and they said they will put in a request and never do. Wth!!!

Apr 15, 2021 10:54 AM in response to JODYGU3

Hello JODYGU3,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We understand your calls from an inmate service are going straight to voicemail. We're happy to point you in the right direction for assistance.

Make sure the phone number isn't on the blocked calls list. "When you block a phone number or contact, they can still leave a voicemail, but you won't get a notification.":

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

If the issue persists, contact your wireless carrier.

Best Regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.