Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleCare

Why am I unable to get AppleCare on my Macbook Air? I bought it from my college yesterday and when I type the serial number in, it says I am not eligible.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 9:02 AM

Was this a used computer? Is the college an authorized Apple dealer? If they are not an authorized dealer then you may just have bought a re-sold computer which would be considered "used" by Apple and the 60 day AppleCare purchase window is past.

If you think the above does not apply:

Click on this link to read how to 'Update your proof of purchase' --> https://support.apple.com/HT202703

To update your information contact Apple Support by phone. Tell the advisor that you need help with your Apple Limited Warranty or AppleCare plan expiration date.

Here’s what you need when you call:

- Your AppleCare agreement number

- The device serial number

- Your sales receipt

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2021 9:02 AM in response to savanna139

Was this a used computer? Is the college an authorized Apple dealer? If they are not an authorized dealer then you may just have bought a re-sold computer which would be considered "used" by Apple and the 60 day AppleCare purchase window is past.

If you think the above does not apply:

Click on this link to read how to 'Update your proof of purchase' --> https://support.apple.com/HT202703

To update your information contact Apple Support by phone. Tell the advisor that you need help with your Apple Limited Warranty or AppleCare plan expiration date.

Here’s what you need when you call:

- Your AppleCare agreement number

- The device serial number

- Your sales receipt

Apr 14, 2021 9:04 AM in response to savanna139

Just to make sure: you bought the device yesterday? Or you bought the Applecare? How did you buy that? Unless you are located in certain countries, Applecare is not sold separately in a box with a registration number any longer - so how did you buy it? And, when you do buy it, it is automatically registered with Apple.

AppleCare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.