Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION

What if I lose my iphone which is my trusted device/number ? How do I then access my apple id which I would anyway require to track my lost device ? As far as I know, I cannot login without my trusted device even if I know my password with this feature turned on ?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 10:46 AM

See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

2 replies

Apr 14, 2021 10:49 AM in response to chaitanyasuri

You can log into www.icloud.com/find without needing a two-factor code.

You can also log into www.icloud.com (without the /find) and ignore the two-factor request and click the Quick Access to Find My icon instead.

Even with the above, I would strongly recommend that you have multiple trusted phone numbers to allow full access to your iCloud account in the event of loss of a device. They can be Android phones, landlines, friends' or relatives' phones. See the "Manage your trusted phone numbers" section of Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.