Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After following all the steps to reset my screen time passcode on my iPhone 12 pro with version 14.2 I'm still unable to change my screen time passcode

Another option to change my screen time passcode

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 5:24 PM

JedaWarrior wrote:

What I get is failed attempt

So when you select the forgot passcode at the bottom of that passcode display and enter the Apple ID and password, you’re seemingly not entering the expected Apple ID and/or password that had established the screen time passcode lock.

See > If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

...which ends with the following, when the reset sequence fails...

If you still have issues resetting your Screen Time passcode, contact Apple Support.

The old solution for a forgotten screen time passcode was to wipe the device and reload, without performing a restore.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2021 5:24 PM in response to JedaWarrior

JedaWarrior wrote:

What I get is failed attempt

So when you select the forgot passcode at the bottom of that passcode display and enter the Apple ID and password, you’re seemingly not entering the expected Apple ID and/or password that had established the screen time passcode lock.

If you still have issues resetting your Screen Time passcode, contact Apple Support.

The old solution for a forgotten screen time passcode was to wipe the device and reload, without performing a restore.

Apr 14, 2021 4:45 PM in response to JedaWarrior

1. Make sure that your device is updated to iOS 13.4 or iPadOS 13.4 or later.  iOS 14.4.2 now.
  2. Go to Settings > Screen Time. 
  3. Tap Change Screen Time Passcode, then tap Change Screen Time Passcode again.
  4. Tap Forgot Passcode?

5. Enter the Apple ID and password* that you used to set up the Screen Time passcode.
  6. Enter a new Screen Time passcode, then enter it again to confirm.

May 3, 2021 7:05 AM in response to fariah129

fariah129 wrote:

have you solved your problem, because I am having the same issue

When you select the forgot passcode at the bottom of the passcode input display and enter the Apple ID and password, you must enter the expected Apple ID and/or password that had established the screen time passcode lock.

If you are not getting the screen time forgot passcode option on your device, you’re likely on one of the “managed” devices and you must use the organizer’s device in Family Sharing, and use that to enter the Apple ID to the screen time forgotten passcode dialog sequence.

Apr 14, 2021 4:55 PM in response to JedaWarrior

JedaWarrior wrote:

My iphone is updated to 14.2 I followed the steps above but it still does not work

Presumably that’s iOS 14.4.2, not 14.2. See Settings > General > About, if you’re not sure about the version.

What happens when you try resetting the passcode?

Is this iPhone managed by another person as part of Family Sharing?

Is this a company iPhone? Does this iPhone have MDM profiles loaded or is otherwise managed by an IT group for an organization that you’re affiliated with?

After following all the steps to reset my screen time passcode on my iPhone 12 pro with version 14.2 I'm still unable to change my screen time passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.