Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Printer Won't Scan in Big Sur

I have an HP Envy 7640. I updated my MacBook Pro to Big Sur about a month ago. I can print, but I just tried to scan something and am getting the message that it will damage my computer and won't work. I had this problem last fall after an iOS update before Big Sur, and I couldn't print or scan. When that happened an uninstall and reinstall of the printer worked. This time I updated the Firmware from HP as suggested, but no luck. I then uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it using HP's app HP Smart, and still no luck. I've read some suggestions on this forum, but nothing seems to be working and most only address printing, not scanning. Some are saying it's HP, and others are saying it's Apple. What is going on, and any suggestions as to how to scan in Big Sur without a 3rd party app?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 6:06 PM

On your iPhone, Open Files, then Tap More

Then, tap Scan Documents.

Point your iPhone at the top of the document.

After scanning, Share the file with your mac

More easy without a scanner right?

2 replies

HP Printer Won't Scan in Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.