You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Time Not Working

So for some context I recently switched Apple IDs and started the whole family sharing thing (we used to all just share my Dads.) This issue was happening before that but that might be good information to know.

So when I try to check my Screen Time activity (I'm interested in seeing how long I spend on each app) it doesn't show me it but instead shows the message "As this device is used, Screen Time will be reported here." I use the device often so Screen Time should have that info but it doesn't.

And oddly at the top it shows the name of a family member's phone (that's on a separate Apple ID now, but it didn't use to be.) I have tried disabling "Share across devices" and Screen Time itself many times by now and I have run out of ideas. I could really use some help. Thanks, I can provide a photo if needed.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 10:15 PM

3 replies

Apr 15, 2021 5:17 PM in response to ChristianRogers

Hey there, ChristianRogers!

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! If we understand correctly, you are running into an issue with Screen Time on your iPhone. We can understand wanting to gain more information on why that is not working as expected. We will do all we can to help get you pointed in the right direction.

Check out this guide for how to Set up Screen Time through Family Sharing on iPhone. You can follow these steps for when you want to Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Additionally, there is information here is about setting up and using Screen Time in the Families feature.

Take care!

Apr 16, 2021 8:20 AM in response to ChristianRogers

ChristianRogers,

Thank you for returning to the Apple Support Communities with this information. We're glad you had a chance to return to us with this information. To clarify, did you Set up Screen Time for a family member on iPhone? If so, this may be part of the problem. Disable screen time for your account by following the steps there.

Also, was the Apple ID in question set up as a child account? If so, check out the information on this page: Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child. If you still need further assistance after following these steps or these steps do not address the issue, you may want to Contact Apple for support and service.

We hope this information helps you out.

Best regards!

Screen Time Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.