Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make left and right airpod pro single press both pause?

How do I change my right airpod pro single press action to pause like the left one does? It skips forward and that is very annoying. I just want single press on both sides to pause. Right now if I want to wear only one then it MUST be the left because the right has effectively no control of playback.

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 3:40 PM

Hello,

See "Control audio with your AirPods Pro" in the following link:

Connect and use your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

Both AirPods should work the same. If not, try a full reset:

Reset your AirPods

Good luck.

4 replies

Apr 15, 2021 6:24 PM in response to MrBill3

I agree with you MrBill they should work the same! But they don’t..

My troubleshooting process so far has been:

1. Google for how to change AirPod controls, discover that the place I looked for single tap parameters (device i icon on bluetooth menu) only changes siri and noise cancellation selections.
  2. Perform a hard reset. Significantly hampered by the fact that at low charge the reset does not complete but does not tell you this is the reason.. charged fully to rule that out and hard reset worked to instruction specs flawlessly.

But I still have Airpods Pro that work differently from apparently everyone else’s.. and they did not work like this when I first bought them.

Strange, eh?

Make left and right airpod pro single press both pause?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.